Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Update

So last week was kind of a mess, but I think that my life is slowly coming back together. I did not get my house cleaned before I left for the movie, and I really regretted that decision because Nick got home earlier than he said he was going to on Saturday. So it was still a mess when he got home. I hate it when that happens. It always makes him super grumpy.
So the movie was amazing. I'm usually disappointed with movies written about books, but not this time. It was great. Except that there was some stupid giggly girls in the theatre who were laughing at all the wrong things. Like things that were supposed to be serious! How rude. I felt like chucking one of my cookies at them, then I remembered that I brought them from home and decided that wouldn't be such a great idea. Stupid giggly girls.
The ward family movie night was a huge success. We borrowed a projector and showed the movie on the big screen in the gym. I had no idea because I hadn't ever seen the thing, but that screen is as big across as the stage! It felt like a real theatre! It was awesome. And there were so many people there! Oh, and Nick did get home in time, which is a really good thing, because he is such a good helper. I think my head would have exploded if he hadn't been there.
I didn't go to the State football game on Friday night. I do believe, however, that had I been there, they definitely would have won. How could I have been so selfish? So I'm sending out a formal apology to those boys. I'll be there next time. I promise.
Okay, so here is my favorite part. On Sunday I was talking to Brother Marostica on Sunday about the Giving Tree. Evidently the list is complete, so all I have to do is set up the tree and make the tags to hang on it! So Brother Marostica was like, "let's just get the tree out right now!" So we went into the clerk's office and he got the box down off of the top of the cabinet and it was definitely EMPTY! So the Christmas tree is AWOL and nobody knows where it could be. We checked all of the likely places, and even some of the unlikely places, but no dice. So we were thinking that somebody took the title "Giving Tree" a little to literally and took the thing home. (?) Who would do that? I have no idea. But when we were looking for the tree, we did find a garland, so I suggested that I wouldn't be opposed to having a "Giving Garland" instead. Everybody laughed. It wasn't a joke. I guess that's what I get for joking so often. Silly me. But I really do think that a Giving Garland is a good idea. Oh well… So the hunt is still on. I'm going to make some phone calls and try to find out if anybody knows where our little tree is. Oh, but funny thing: when we were looking for the tree, another lady from the other ward was searching around for their Eagle Scout plaque. Evidently somebody took it right off the wall! Stinkin Mormon thieves! I said that perhaps the plaque and the tree ran off together. Silly plaque and tree.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

So nice to see you update your blog! What a busy woman you are! By the way, hello there girlie!

Kiara and Scott Vowell said...

Hey Mike, You sister gave me your blog. I dont know if you remember me, but I am trying to keep in contact with my Grammy's ( your aunt Judy ) side of the family. I hope you dont mind if i check in on your blog. I am hoping to meet some more people on the Martarano Family side.