What have I been busy with? Just let me tell you.
Friday, May 2nd- Lucas' birthday and that same day my nephew came home from his mission. We gave Lucas a pancake with a candle in it. Yay! Then we went and got Guy (my nephew) from the airport and then spent the day in Nampa at my sister’s house.
Saturday, May 3rd- Ward service day and Stake Enrichment meeting followed by our little neighbor Morgan's birthday party.
Sunday, May 4th- Nick's nephew Jameson's baby blessing and of course potluck dinner following.
Monday, May 5th- 2:00 Enrichment Committee meeting which I didn't go to because Lucas was so, so sick. (That reminds me-- I should probably call somebody to see what I missed...)
Wednesday, May 7th- I had a precamp planning meeting at the stake center.
Thursday May 8th- in the morning I went to a special "tea party" that the preschool and library put on for the mom's of the preschoolers.
Saturday May 10th- Spring Fair. Peter sang in the program and marched in the parade. He was so excited and so cute! Becca and Jaci (Nick's sisters) rode in the back of the truck and threw out goodies and Nick rode with his dad in the newly refurbished candy apple ORANGE '49 Chevy that was his dad's first car when he was a teenager. (Props to Nick's mom for letting Robert hold on to that thing for so long. Nick wouldn't be so lucky...) After the parade, Peter and I hurried home so he could make it to two simultaneous birthday parties. Both boys, both turning 7, both in the same subdivision, neither one knows the other. But they both knew Peter. And they both invited him to their parties. What a day!
Monday May 12th- Ethan Coleman's birthday party. The boys (Ethan, Peter, Ben and Dillon) were supposed to go swimming at the Ontario Pool, but it was closed. They went to Carl's Jr. instead and had ice cream and played. Then we all went to their house that night for cake and ice cream.
Tuesday, May 13th- I went and had lunch at the school with Peter. The note that Peter brought home said that it started at 10:30 a.m. I got there at that time, but found out that they put the wrong time on HALF of the notes, and I was 15 minutes late. I felt kinda silly, but I wasn't the only one. I didn't eat, though, because Peter was nearly finished when I got there. His teacher told me that Peter was completely heart broken and he was crying before I came. He thought that I wasn't coming. I was so sad. He was happy that I got there, though.
Wednesday, May 14th- I went to the High School to listen to Lauren Farmer's speech. She invited me to come. It made me feel so loved, and she did such a great job! Yay, good job, Lauren! Then I had to dash off to Sarah Hardy's house for a Visiting Teaching Luncheon (we have these periodically). Then I left there and went to the Farmer's. We all (Kaitlin, Joslin, Jami, Lauren, Karli and myself) drove to Boise. We (of course) went to the mall, dinner at Red Robin yummm... (Kaitlin bought me dinner for my birthday, thanks, Kaitlin), Ross, and Target. All in four hours. Those girls are a crack up. They totally wore me out!
Thursday, May 15th- Then of course it was my birthday. That morning Peter went on his class field trip to the Ontario Pool. Don't worry. They were open. It was so funny when he got home. When I asked him if he had a good time, I was totally expecting to hear all about it. Instead, he said, "It was only nine inches deep. " Ungrateful little... For my birthday, I filled my day with some of the things that I enjoy, including reading and needlepoint in the sunshine. I even went to WalMart and got some strawberries that I dipped in chocolate. Yumm! Every year for my birthday I buy strawberries and dip them and eat them all. Love it! 9 years now! Ah, traditions. I also got plenty of phone calls from a couple of friends and even a few presents. Thanks, friends. And Mom. Nick took me out for a very romantic dinner at Wingers. With the kids. There were so many people in there, you would have thought that it was a Saturday night!
Friday, May 16th- I took Whitney to Honey Bears (a program that the school puts on to get incoming Kindergarteners ready for school). When we got back, my dear friend Sonya came to visit me. We went to lunch at Brewskey's (all hail the king of all hamburgers: The Bacon Avocado Burger. With ranch, of course. Delicious!) Then later that night Michelle and Courtney went with me to the middle school play. It was a riot. Hannah Farmer was in it. She was brilliant. She played this narcoleptic teenager. She kept falling over "asleep" in the middle of all of her lines. She was soooo good! Watch out, Hollywood! Then after the play we went to Denny's for dessert. Hanna Winegar met us there. Michelle got a tip that ShaRee and her family was sleeping on their trampoline that night. So Hanna and I decided that it was our duty as neighbors and as friends to scare them. So after we left Denny's we went to my house and got a fork and knife for each of us. We snuck into the Hymas' back yard (which was easy because it was past 11 and everyone was already asleep.) We went right under ShaRee’s head and started scraping the knives and forks together. It made such an eerie sound. When we didn't get a reaction, I started running the back of the fork up and down ShaRee's back. She flipped over and popped her head under the tramp so fast. Then when she saw that it was us, she yelled, "you dirtbags!" We were laughing soooo hard. It was hilarious! We talked a while about how funny we were, then we went home. Oh, good times. That night, Nick and Peter went to the Father and Son's outing.
Saturday, May 17th- Whitney and I had a good mom and girl's day. We went to the parade in Payette. (Possibly the longest parade in the world). Then we went to Primo's for lunch and back to the carnival so Whitney could ride a couple of the rides there. When we got home, Nick and Peter were there. They both got sunburned so badly.
Sunday May 18th- after church we had fish and chips for dinner. It was sooo good. I made homemade french fries and breaded and fried the fish that Nick and Peter caught the day before. Mmmm...
Monday, May 18th- Fruitland's High School graduation. We went over to the Jangula's for a potluck dinner for Dave. All of the brothers and sisters were talking about how old they felt because the baby of the family was graduating. Then Nick had a double-header for softball. I love watching him play. He has so much fun. Today- (Wednesday, May 21st) I went on Whitney's field trip to the dairy. I don't know about the kids, but I learned so much! I just got finished typing up the program for the Preschool graduation.
Tomorrow is Peter and Whitney's graduations. Peter's is at 10:30 a.m. and Whitney's is a t 6:30 p.m. It looks like it's going to be another long day...
Saturday Nick's brother Tom is going to the temple to receive his endowment, and is speaking at church on Sunday. And Dave (the youngest brother who just graduated) is getting his Eagle Scout award. I imagine there will somehow be a potluck involved...
Yes, my life is busy. There was probably a lot more that I missed. I just wrote about the things that were sitting here in front of me on my calendar. I think I need a nap now. But it's time to start making dinner. Crap! I forgot about kickboxing again! I haven't been to class all month because I keep forgetting. I need some help. At least I haven't forgotten anything else. I hope. Yea, I probably have forgotten a lot. I think that I need to simplify my life. Summer is going to be so nice. No where to run the kids, oh, it's going to be so sweet. Maybe then I will remember to go exercise. Heaven knows I need it...
Wednesday, May 21, 2008
So, I've been a little busy...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
jeez Meliss what a life lol busy busy busy!!! lol love ya
Melissa, take a freaking break. You deserve it.
Post a Comment