Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Tricky, tricky! What a foolish day!

So yesterday morning I was rushing around, trying to get out the door by 9:00 (it was 9:05) to go to the store to get something for Peter's class when the phone rang. It was my good friend and neighbor ShaRee calling.
"Hey, Melissa. Did you get that notice from the trash service on Saturday?"
"Um, no. What notice?"
"Oh, Nick must have gotten it and forgot to tell you."
"Tell me what?"
"They left a note in our mailbox on Saturday that said that they were going to pick up the trash on our street a this morning at 9:15!"
"Oh, shoot. I've godda go. Thanks, ShaRee..."
"No problem."
*Click*
Remember: it's 9:05. So I raced around the house collecting all of the trash, silently cursing my husband. I get it all outside in record time and notice that our other neighbor doesn't have their trash out either. Just as I'm thinking that I should run over there and tell her, a thought occured to me. I should look to see if ShaRee has her trash out. Nope. Jerk. I had fallen for it. She had fooled me. I should have seen it coming, but who remembers at 9:00 in the morning what day it is? Not me. Heck. Sometimes I can't even remember what month it is!
So I made it to the store and to Peter's class a little late, but it was okay. The class (kindergarteners) were just sitting having their snack when I ran in the room with all of my clothes on inside out. I started shouting about how the president of the United States of America had called me this morning and said that everyone had to wear their clothes inside out, or else they would go to jail! You should have seen the looks on those kids faces. It was awesome. Some of them were totally ready to change, and their teacher was trying not to lose it. So funny!
Then when I got home I emptied out a bunch of soda cans by poking holes in the bottom and refilling them with water. Then I took them over to ShaRee for her to trick her husband with. She said that it was really funny. I gave one to Peter to drink with his lunch, then to Whitney and Nick to have with their dinner. Nick was so funny. He totally couldn't figure out how I got the soda out, the water in, and resealed the can to look like I didn't open it. Awesome. I also called my mom and dad who are on their mission in Hawaii and told them that I was pregnant. With twins. Maybe a little below the belt, but my mom thought that it was funny.
It was such a fun day yesterday. I'm going to have to do some more planning next year to get ShaRee... watch your back, my friend. Watch your back.

1 comment: