So yesterday my good friend Noelle called me at 9 a.m. and asked me if I was ready to go to the gym where we are both members. Yea, I forgot that I had told her that I was going to go with her. So I told her that I would meet her there. We planned on running on the treadmill and then doing some weights. Well, I'm not going to lie-- (Are you ready for this?) I'm really afraid of treadmills. Laugh all you want, but they really frighten me. So I decided that I would run to the gym instead. K, let me tell you that the weather guy said that Saturday was going to be nice. Sunny even. Now let me tell you another thing: the weather guy meant later in the afternoon. Not at 9:30 in the morning. Yea, I definitely froze my poor fingers off. They actually got far beyond the numb stage. I could feel them throbbing, like they thought that the blood that was sloooowly running through them was never coming back. I think that they were sad. Mourning the loss of their good friend, blood. Sounds pathetic? Well, I'm not exaggerating here. So when I got to the gym (almost 4 miles away with a pretty stiff head wind) I had spots! My body was red and I had white SPOTS! Weird. So I think that if I ever decide to run to the gym again, I will be wearing some gloves. Oh, so when I got there, Noelle was just finishing up her run and then we worked our legs. She was so good. She made up a track sheet and everything for me. K, let me tell you that this workout is not for sissies. I worked my legs so hard that they were in complete protest when I was finished. I had to take a soak when I got home. I do feel good, though and I am definitely doing the whole thing again next Saturday! Yay!
Sunday, March 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment