Sunday, March 23, 2008

New Olympic Event: Extreme Easter Egg Hunting

Well, the Easter egg hunt was a success. I'm exhausted. For all of you who don't know the precise madness that is the Annual Jangula Family Easter Egg Hunt, I will explain. All of the Jangula’s extended family (there has got to be close to 200 people) come to Nick’s parents’ house and first we have a potluck lunch. Everybody who comes brings a dozen eggs for each person in their family. Inside each egg is marked somehow so that everybody knows to which family that egg originated (I draw flowers on mine.) Inside the egg is a slip of paper that says what prize you get from the person who set that egg out. (Some of the prizes include: full size candy bars, cans of soda, juice boxes, cookies, dipped strawberries- yum- games, notebooks, journals, trinkets, bags of chips, the list goes on and on. I set out some boxes of cereal. Everyone thought that I was the coolest. Last year Peter even got a halloween costume!) Everybody gathers on the lawn (huge lawn) and divides their eggs into the separate boxes. Each box is labeled with the age group for the separate hunts. The age groups are: 1-5, 6-12, 13-25, men, and women. Yes, the adults have their own egg hunts, too. You should see it. It's incredible. After each age group has their hunt, they open up the eggs, go to the appropriate families, and collect their prizes. Yes, we go all out. It is the most extreme and involved Easter Egg Hunt that I have ever heard of, or been involved in. AND IT’S OVER! (Until next year…)

No comments: