Whitney had her Preschool Easter egg Hunt yesterday. At 9:30 am, we went and picked up her best friend, Dillon, and took him to the store with us. I had my own shopping list and made a shopping list for each of the three kids. Peter was in charge of finding and putting into the cart: Easter eggs, milk, vitamins, bologna and lettuce. Whitney was in charge of candy to fill the eggs, baby formula, apples and bread. Since Dillon came with us as a last minute decision, he had 1/2 of Whitney's list- one bag of candy, 4 apples and a loaf of bread. It worked out so spectacularly! The kids stayed right beside me and didn't get grumpy the whole time. I definitely recommend this method of shopping! It was awesome. So when we got home, the kids filled all of the eggs while I packed us a lunch and made guacamole (of course- delicious!). I learned how to make this guacamole from Joslin Farmer. It is amazing. I'll put the recipe at the bottom of my post. So we went to the park, ate our lunches and the kids had their egg hunt. After the hunt, there were games to play and of course the jungle gym and slides. When we were all ready to leave, I went to the car and realized that I didn't have my keys (story of my life). So I called Laurie Farmer because I was sitting on her blanket and that was the last place I remember having them. She, luckily, was not yet out of town, so I stayed on the phone with her while she emptied her van looking for the keys. Too bad, not there. So then I talked to one of the preschool teachers and she said that I could use her car to go home (5 blocks away) and get my spare set. When I got home, I called Holly Raab (another mom) because Laurie's blanket was right beside hers. She said that it was nowhere in her things, but she remembered Lisa Tessnohlidek's little girl carrying around her Easter basket with some keys inside. So I called Lisa. OI! Yes. That is where the keys were: victim to grand theft by a little girl with an Easter basket. So Lisa brought them over later, and I have my keys back! YAY!
Tomorrow is the big- did I say big, because what I meant was COLOSSAL- Easter egg hunt and potluck lunch at Nick’s mom’s house. I am sooooo not ready, so today I have to make my salad and get all my eggs and prizes organized. OH! So I went to Albertson’s the other day and I am happy to report that I am the proud new owner of 96 boxes of Kellogg’s cereal! (My total was $33.) I know that we have a year to eat this cereal before it expires, but 96 boxes? Get real! Cereal is definitely going to be the bulk of our family’s Easter egg hunt prizes. Well, I’d better get busy. Time for Easter madness again!
Here is the guacamole recipe:
Mash 2 ripe avocadoes on a plate with the back of a fork. Add ¼ c. mayonnaise, 1 tsp. lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. If you want to, add a little dash of onion powder and/or Tabasco sauce. Eat with corn chips. YUM!
p.s. If anybody needs cereal, I've got some. Seriously.
Friday, March 21, 2008
Easter Egg Hunt
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
gotta love the DELISH guacamole.
yum yum.
Post a Comment