Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Melissa

I have turned over a new leaf, and have decided that it was time to get fit. I go to a pilates class on Tuesdays and Thursdays, and on Mondays and Wednesdays, I go to a kick boxing class, which I love, love, LOVE! It is sooooo much fun! I am ridiculously close to losing my love handles (don't even worry- I'm ecstatic!) and I have noticed such a difference in my energy level. And trust me I need energy. People have also started asking me what I am doing to make me get skinny because they have noticed that my face is thinner! YAY!

Yesterday I had my Visiting Teaching companion and the ladies that we visit over for lunch. It was soooo much fun. Plus it was so cute because I saw this really adorable thing in a magazine, which I totally copied. I went and got some little pansies and planted them in teacups and put them on saucers. Then I tied a tag with each name on it to each of the handles of the teacups and put them on each of the places for place cards. It was amazing. And lunch was so tasty! I made margarita pizzas (delicious) and Sarah made a scrumptious salad, heavenly virgin pina coladas, and a really rich and incredible layered chocolate dessert. She is so talented! I love doing things with my friends. It makes me feel so happy to spend time with people that I love.

Speaking of people that I love: Last weekend Joslin Farmer invited me over to their house for a game night (my favorite thing to do ever in the whole wide world). So it was me, Jos, Jami, Lauren, Karli and their friend Anne and we played games for like 3 hours. And we had so much fun that we decided that we would do it again the next night, and it was definitely not as much fun because the game that we loved, we made it longer and it was waaaaaaaaaaay too long and nobody wanted a game to be over more than that game on that night. We stuck it out, though, and I don't even remember who won (nobody probably does because everybody was so happy for it to finally be over). But it was a fun couple of nights. I just do not recommend playing the same games two nights in a row. It doesn't matter how fun the game is, you've godda take a rest from it sometimes.

Nick and I went to the temple last Thursday. It was so wonderful. I know that there was a special spirit with me that day, and I am soooo happy that I was able to do the work for her that she wasn't able to do for herself.

3 comments:

kaitlin said...

k your blog is darling.
i love love it!
you had better keep it updated!
love you :)

kaitlin said...

oh and can you seriously help my mom with her blog sometime?
no joke she has issues with it.

Melissa Jangula said...

K, believe me, I have tried to be a positive influence (okay, maybe not so positive- but still an influence) in your mother's existence as a blogger, but no dice. I figure we just need to be good examples for her and tell her how EASY it is! Maybe that will do the trick... maybe.